Doctor of Philosophy, English. Florida State University, Spring 2015.
Dissertation (creative): The Paper Machine
Committee: James Kimbrell (chair), David Kirby, Virgil Suarez, Juan Carlos Galeano
Examination Fields: 20th Century Poetry; History of Text Technologies; Travel Literature
Master of Education, Higher & Postsecondary Education. Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University. Fall 2017 – Fall 2018.
Areas of Concentration: Leadership; Student Development
Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing. University of South Florida, Spring 2009.
Thesis (creative): nothing / they said — A Lyric Poetry Collection
Committee: Jay Hopler (chair), Rita Ciresi, John Fleming
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. University of Central Florida, Fall 2004.
Areas of Concentration: Sociopsychology; Sex and Sexuality
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies. University of Central Florida, Fall 2004.
Areas of Concentration: Creative Writing, Commerce and Marketing
SELECT TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Visiting Assistant Professor. Flagler College, Department of English; 2021 – Current.
- Faculty Instructor. Arizona State University, College of Letters & Sciences; 2014 – 2021.
- Graduate Instructor. Florida State University, English Department; 2009 – 2014.
- Graduate Instructor. University of South Florida, English Department; 2006 – 2009.
SELECT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Teaching Fellow. Center for the Study of Race & Democracy; Arizona State University. 2019-21.
- Program Developer. Face-to-Face Writer’s Studio; Arizona State University; 2014–21.
- Course Developer. Global Freshman Academy. Arizona State University. 2015.
- Program for Instructional Excellence Presenter. Florida State University; 2011–14.
A full curriculum vitae complete with course design and delivery, reading engagements, publications, presentations, and skill set is available by request.